THE OPPORTUNITY LEAGUE STEAM WORLD!
(SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS & MATH)
THE OPPORTUNTIES IN STEAM ARE ENDLESS!
The O League STEAM Club is designed to be an awareness building, exploratory based program for students. This program is supported by cross sector partners, multidisciplinary experts and opportunities for real world application. The following core components are built into each six-week rotation. These components directly correlate to program goals:
- Students making real world applications to STEAM learning
- STEAM awareness through hands-on learning opportunities
- Opportunities for career exploration
Fifth through eighth grade students enter a cohort termed a “learning community”. The learning community is integrated into the larger community, the “learning ecosystem” which brings together students, parents and the community in connecting and applying learning. A new STEAM topic is explored every six weeks, culminating in a final project. Topics include, but are not limited to, Physics, Visual/Media Arts, Forensic Science, Culinary Arts, Aerospace Engineering, etc.
STEAM WORLD STUDENTS:
- Experience education in an entirely different way –no text books, no worksheets, just ands on…in your face learning
- Solve problems in real-time
- Adapt to new environments and be flexible in their thinking
- Build relationships through mutual experiences with fellow club mates
- Be more a more confident and independent thinker
- Develop stronger math and science skills they can use in and out of school
- Develop socioemotional, character development and leadership skills
- understand the practical use of STEAM in their everyday lives
- Explore their “likes” and “dislikes”
TO REGISTER, PLEASE CONTACT SHENEE OMUSO AT:
Email email@example.com or Call 609-346-2757
(Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if scholarships/ subsidies are needed)